What am I working on right ...
The rebuilding of the website started on 11.03.2022. Until 9.4.2022, I worked on it for several hours every day, including most Saturdays and Sundays. Unfortunately, I became seriously ill in April and then started my new half-time job at the University of Wuppertal on 1.5.2022. It was not until 29 June that I was able to continue the rebuilding work on the blog.
For my blog I am currently researching
- the life of the German illustrator Jochen G., who died unhappily in Rostock at the age of 29
- the month of September 1850 in the life of the Swedish singer Jenny Lind
- the word ivory and its origin and meaning
I am revising
- an essay written in 1995 on the design maxim Form follows Function by the American architect and author Louis Henry Sullivan.
I am developing several new content formats
- the "Now" format, in which I would like to make the genesis of this blog and its sometimes convoluted content paths clearer
- the "State of the Art" format, in which I want to map my current knowledge on a topic, and in which I want to make my continuous work on this content visible. With time, and increasing length of my blog posts, I have felt an urgent need for a format that goes beyond the ephemeral quintessence of a blog post. Technically and content-wise, this one is quite a challenge for me. Moreover, the content should remain trilingual.